We run many clinics for the management of chronic diseases and offer a wide variety of medical services.
- Chronic Obstructive Airways Disease(Chest problems)
- Blood Pressure
- Family Planning
- Sexual Health
- Cervical Screening
- Minor Surgery
- General lifestyle advice
- Taking blood samples
- Travel clinic
- Repeat Contraception – Make an appointment with the Practice Nurse
- Drug Monitoring – of specialised medication.
- Methadone Programme
- Cervical Smears – for routine repeat smears, please make an appointment with the practice nurse. We advise a repeat smear every 3 years.
- Ante-Natal Care -NHS Glasgow & Clyde operates a self referral system for women who find themselves to be pregnant. Please phone the midwife on 0141 232 4005 for an appointment. The GPs are always happy to help or advise if anyone has difficulties during pregnancy. Remember to take your folic acid for the first 3 months!
- Immunisations – two clinics are held per month. These are held on floor level 1 of the health centre
- Child Surveillance – on a Thursday once a month.
- Smoking Cessation – smoking cessation advice is available from any of the doctors or practice nurses by routine appointment. Nicotine replacement therapy is available from local NHS pharmacists.
- Minor Surgery Clinics i.e. warts, steroid injections – the Practice runs a wart clinic once a month. Please see the receptionist for an appointment. Dr Leslie also carries out joint injections.
- Family Planning – a wide range of service is available when necessary we can liaise with the local family planning service. Dr Lynas carries out IUCD insertion & removal by appointment. Dr Leslie & Dr Lynas carry out contraception implants by appointment. In the event of any contraceptive accident please contact the surgery as soon as possible as for emergency treatment is effective for up to 72 hours but the sooner the better. We are more than happy to see women at short notice for this confidential service. Speak to the doctor or Practice Nurse. Alternatively, if you prefer, a regular family planning service is run at the Sandyford Initiative which can be contacted on 0141 211 8130.